|Effect||Throws 3 blocks into the air|
The iron golem in Minecraft is a neutral mob that the player can make on their own. But, unlike the snow golem, the iron golem is generated in villages and without the participation of the player. Sometimes he can be found near the outlaw outpost, locked in a cage.
The Iron golem protects the villagers from hostile mobs. A golem can attack a player in response to an attack, or by defending a villager who was attacked by the player, but does not attack the player who created it. The iron golem does a lot of damage to mobs, because it not only hits them with its hands, but also throws them up. The golem does not attack tamed wolves.
A golem cannot die from falling from a mountain or drowning, but it can get stuck in a pit with water, burn in lava. Over time, the golem gets damaged — this can be seen by the cracks on it. It can be repaired with iron ingots.
The golem is very useful during a raid, especially with the participation of the Ravager.
- Synonyms: Entity.minecraft.iron golem
- Minecraft versions: 11 / 10.5.1 / 1.22 / 1.21 / 1.20 / 1.19.1 / 1.19
- COMMAND: iron_golem
Modify date: 12/19/2022
Questions about iron golem
Here you will find detailed answers to frequently asked questions about iron golem.
- In the official Java Edition, golems appeared in version 1.2.1. When creating golems, snow particles flew away from them. After killing the golem, a rose drops out. Golems spawn in villages with more than 10 villagers.
- In version 1.3.3, snow particles no longer fly away when creating iron golems.
- Since version 1.4.2, iron golems perceive slugs and lava cubes as enemy mobs and attack them. Added walking sounds. Iron golems spawn in villages with a population of more than 10 villagers. After killing the golem, a poppy drops out instead of a rose. Golems give children villagers a rose.
- Since version 1.8, after the death of the golem, iron ingots fall out, and when creating an iron golem, you can no longer use Jack's lamp. From snapshot 14w33a, the iron golem is attacked by zombies, piglins, skeletons, spiders, blazes, creepers, slugs and lava cubes.
- Since version 1.8.1, Jack's lamp can be used again when creating an iron golem. In the same version, the iron golem does not consider the creeper as a hostile mob and does not attack it.
- 1.9 – the growth of iron golems became 2.7 blocks (previously 2.9). The Iron golems have gained resistance to being dropped.
- 1.14 – iron golems spawn near outposts. Iron golems appear in villages regardless of the number of villagers.
- 1.15 – cracks begin to appear on the surface of iron golems as health points are lost. You can restore the iron golem with the help of iron ingots. The damage that the golem is able to inflict now depends on the ratio of its current health points to the maximum.
The Iron Golem is a neutral mob 2.7 blocks tall and 1.4 blocks wide. Have 100 health units, which correspond to 50 hearts on the health scale.
Capable of dealing damage from 7 to 21 health points to hostile mobs.
If an iron golem attacks a player at an easy level of the game, it can cause from 4 to 11 units of damage, from 7 to 21 units at a normal level, and from 10 to 31 units of health at a difficult level.
Iron golems spawn in villages, sometimes appear in the cells of outposts or near outposts, can be created by the player.
After the death, 3-5 iron ingots are dropped, up to 3 poppy flowers can fall out, as well as 30 units of experience.
In order to create an iron golem, you need 4 iron blocks (36 iron ingots). Iron blocks are displayed in the form of the letter "T", and on top you need to put a carved pumpkin or Jack's lamp.
The Iron Golem can be spawned using the command (see below) or by using the Iron Golem Summoning egg (since version 1.19.3, it is in the inventory in the creative game mode).
Iron golems are neutral mobs, they cannot be tamed.
There are two types of golems in Minecraft: an iron golem and a snow golem.
An iron golem will appear in a village where there are at least 3 adult villagers and 3 beds.
Yes, the probability of its occurrence under suitable conditions is 1⁄7000 (~0.0143%) every game tick (approximately every 6 minutes) until the limit is reached.
The limit of iron golems is set according to the following algorithm: 21 beds and at least 10 villagers — 1 golem, 21 beds and at least 20 villagers — 2 golems, 21 beds and at least 30 villagers — 3 golems, etc.
In general, there are no restrictions on the number of golems at the moment. But it's worth remembering about limiting the number of mobs per chunk. With a large number of villagers (80-100) in a limited area, iron golems will not spawn due to the restriction on the number of mobs.
It is desirable to release the Iron golem from the cage, since it perceives robbers as enemies, and will help with their elimination and capture of the outpost.
If the village and villagers are not in danger, then the iron golem will slowly walk around the village. But as soon as a threat appears, the golem will quickly approach the threat and start attacking it. The iron golem not only strikes with his hands, but also throws the victim up. Thus, the target receives additional damage from falling.
The Iron golem will take damage from lava, fire and poison, and it can also drown.
25 health units (12.5 hearts on the health scale).
The golem leaves the village if there are no villagers in it.
He will attack the player if he attacks the iron golem first or if the player's reputation is less than 15. In the latter case, the golem will chase the player even if he is out of sight of the golem.
The iron golem, which was created by the player himself, will never attack its creator.
If a golem was summoned using a command or summoning egg, it will not protect the villagers.
The easiest way to kill a golem is to attack it, and then climb to a pre–prepared elevation of three blocks high. This will avoid the golem's blows, and it will make him defenseless before the player's sword blows. An iron golem can also be killed with a bow, taking advantage of its slowness.
It is worth remembering that if there are several golems in the village, then when a player hits one, this particular golem will attack him. And if a player attacks a villager and earns a negative reputation, all the golems of the village will attack him at the same time.
The most popular means is a pit with water or lava. The iron golem needs to be pushed there and, if necessary, covered with gravel or sand. Iron ingots will float to the surface.
- The poppy that the golem holds in his hands and gives to the resident children is a reference to the anime "The Heavenly Castle of Laputa".
- Golem is the fourth highest health mob after Ender Dragon, Wither and Warden.
- The iron golem will move slower if it is set on fire.
- When appearing, the golem is always turned to the south.
- The Iron golem walks swaying, unlike other mobs.
- The Iron Golem is the second mob that can be built. The first is a snow golem, and the third is a desiccant.
How to craft iron golem
There is only one recipe for how to craft iron golem in Minecraft. Below you can see a description of this recipe: a picture with ingredients and step-by-step instructions on how to make iron golem in Minecraft.
Where to find iron golem
There is only one place to find iron golem in Minecraft. Below you can find a detailed description of this place where you can get iron golem in the game Minecraft.
Drop from iron golem
There are several items that drop from iron golem in Minecraft. Below you can find a detailed description of these items, which can be obtained by killing iron golem in Minecraft.
How to heal iron golem
There is only one item you can use to heal iron golem in Minecraft. Below you can find a detailed description of this item, which allows you to replenish health of iron golem in the game Minecraft.
Video about iron golem
There is only one video on the site which has iron golem in Minecraft. You can watch this video below to get a better idea of what iron golem looks like in Minecraft.
Screenshots of iron golem
There are 5 screenshots on the site, which has iron golem in Minecraft. Below you can see these screenshots to get a better idea of what iron golem looks like in Minecraft.
Command to summon iron golem
There is a command that allows you to summon iron golem in Minecraft. Below you can see a detailed description of this command to learn how to create iron golem in Minecraft.
Iron Golem can be summoned using a command in creative mode. This requires:
- open chat (press "T")
- write command
- press "ENTER"
You can also specify the coordinates by which iron golem will be called:
/summon minecraft:iron_golem ~ ~ ~
/summon minecraft:iron_golem 100 ~ 200
/summon minecraft:iron_golem ~10 50 ~-2
X - coordinate from west to east, Y - height, Z - coordinate from south to north.