Ghast is one of the flying hostile mobs in Minecraft. This is a fairly large ghost-like mob of white color, which can only be found in Lower World. The danger of meeting ghast lies in his ability to shoot explosive fire projectiles at the player, which can fly a long distance.
It's easy to determine that ghast is not far away: he makes crying sounds, and when releasing a projectile into the player, he screams. His fireballs ignite and explode blocks, and if ghast shells hit the portal, it will be destroyed.
- Synonyms: Entity.minecraft.ghast
- Minecraft versions: 11 / 10.5.1 / 1.22 / 1.21 / 1.20 / 1.19.1 / 1.19
- COMMAND: ghast
Modify date: 01/09/2023
Questions about ghast
Here you will find detailed answers to frequently asked questions about ghast.
Ghast is a mob hostile to the player with 10 health points (5 hearts on the indicator). The damage that the player will receive from the projectile depends on the complexity of the game:
- Easy level: 9 health points (4.5 hearts)
- Normal: 17 health points (8.5 hearts)
- Hardcore: 25 health points (12.5 hearts)
Has a 4x4 hitbox size (its nine tentacles are not included in the hitbox).
- Ghast first announced the Notch on October 11, 2010, tweeting that "you will hate Ghast." The ghasts themselves were added to the game in v1.2.0 Alpha version of Java (Halloween Update). Initially, the ghasts aimed not at the player's hitbox, but in the direction of the camera. When switching to a 3-person view, this made it possible to easily beat off fireballs. This bug has been fixed in the Beta version of Java Edition (1.7).
- In the Java version (1.0.0 Beta version 1.9 Prerelease), ghast has a drop tear of ghast. And in Beta 1.9 Prerelease 5, if a player killed a ghast with a reflected fireball, he received the achievement "Return to Sender".
- In version 1.2.1, the ghasts hitbox has been changed (now the whole body is included in the hitbox). Previously, it was possible to inflict damage to the ghast only by hitting the tentacles and the lower part of the body.
- Since version 1.8, the AI of ghast has been changed:
- Attacking the player, the ghasts turn their entire body in the direction of the player and fire a series of shots from left to right around the player.
- The accuracy of Ghast's shots has increased: they will aim to hit the player's head exactly.
- Since version 1.14, the texture of the ghast has been changed.
- Since version 1.16, the ghasts can be heard at a closer distance.
It is not easy to kill ghast, as he flies at high altitude. And you can only damage him with a bow, or by beating off his own projectile.
The Ghast will attack the player if he is within the line of sight of the ghast (64 blocks horizontally and 4 blocks vertically). If a player is behind an obstacle of any solid blocks (including transparent ones), ghast loses sight of the player and stops the attack.
Ghast fires projectiles every 3 seconds.
After death, a tear of ghast and 5 experience points, sometimes gunpowder, fall out of ghast.
No, but they may be nearby.
Ghasts cannot destroy any blocks with an explosion resistance of 26 or higher, and obsidian has an explosion resistance of 1200. So, the ghasts cannot destroy Obsidian.
Yes, you can. At the same time, the strength of the sword is not spent.
Ghast cannot destroy blocks with an explosion resistance of 26 or higher.
Ghast's tear is an item that falls out of ghast after his death. Ghast's Tear can be used to make Regeneration potions and Edge Crystals.
- If ghast has already released one ball, and he was killed, and his ball is still left, then in a second the projectile will disappear.
- Ghasts are the only mobs whose trajectory does not depend on the player's location in any way: they can fly both to and from the player (they can sometimes just fly away from the player in the midst of a battle).
- If you die in the field of view of the ghasts and do not respawn, the ghasts will shoot at the player's corpse.
- In the ordinary world, the ghasts fly far up after their appearance. If they shoot from above, the fireballs get stuck at cloud level and stay there. Therefore, it is often possible to see black balls in the sky in the ordinary world in the place where ghast visited. The same applies to the Edge.
- Ghast can be put in a trolley, but it is quite difficult, and he continues to attack, "sitting" in the trolley.
- Unlike most other hostile mobs, ghasts do not attempt to approach the player after being detected, but instead shoot at the player from their position within firing range.
- Being at close range, the ghasts can take damage and die from their own explosions of fireballs.
- Ghasts can be set on fire, but fire or lava does not harm them. When a ghast plunges into lava or crosses a lava waterfall, his speed drops and he is immobilized for a while, which makes him more vulnerable to arrow shots.
- A player can end up inside the ghast if he falls on it or jumps up while under it.
- Ghasts have different models in Java Edition and Bedrock Edition.
How to craft ghast
There is only one recipe for how to craft ghast in Minecraft. Below you can see a description of this recipe: a picture with ingredients and step-by-step instructions on how to make ghast in Minecraft.
Where to find ghast
There are 4 places where you can get ghast in Minecraft. Below you can find a detailed description of all these places where you can get ghast in the game Minecraft.
Drop from ghast
There are several items that drop from ghast in Minecraft. Below you can find a detailed description of these items, which can be obtained by killing ghast in Minecraft.
Video about ghast
There is only one video on the site which has ghast in Minecraft. You can watch this video below to get a better idea of what ghast looks like in Minecraft.
Screenshots of ghast
There are 2 screenshots on the site, which has ghast in Minecraft. Below you can see these screenshots to get a better idea of what ghast looks like in Minecraft.
Command to summon ghast
There is a command that allows you to summon ghast in Minecraft. Below you can see a detailed description of this command to learn how to create ghast in Minecraft.
Ghast can be summoned using a command in creative mode. This requires:
- open chat (press "T")
- write command
- press "ENTER"
You can also specify the coordinates by which ghast will be called:
/summon minecraft:ghast ~ ~ ~
/summon minecraft:ghast 100 ~ 200
/summon minecraft:ghast ~10 50 ~-2
X - coordinate from west to east, Y - height, Z - coordinate from south to north.